Sunday 22 January 2012

Benefit Cream Eyeshadow/Liner in 'Birthday Suit'


Oh my goodness I HAVE to share this product with you it is IMMENSE I just love it!






I came to buying this product because when I bought my Benefit Moon Beam at the counter in Debenhams, the lovely lass serving me asked if I would like a free makeover.... Well I'm never one to turn down anything that's free for a start... but I also thought that it would be beneficial with me being a trainee make up artist to see how others apply make up and their techniques etc. So off I went barefaced (nightmare!!) a couple of days later (which was, in fact, yesterday) to have my make up done at the Benefit counter. The girl who did my make up was delightful... so sweet! And it was nice to have my make up done by someone other than myself! (It's normally me who does everyone elses!) I asked for a smoky eye and nude lip; the end result was nice... it just wasn't to my particular taste, as there wasn't as much coverage as I would have liked and she took the dark eyeshadow slightly too high on the lid for my liking. I am by no means doubting her skills as an artist as she applied everything well and blended all the products nicely, and 2 products really stood out to me, this eyeshadow being one (she used it on the inner third of my lid and as a highlighter) and Benefit Ultra Shines Lip Gloss in 'Life on the A List' (which is also amazing, love the colour!)



Anyways the products looked absoloutely lovely and I needed them, naturally... So I purchased my items (£14 each) and was soooo chuffed with myself on my way home. I went out last night and so had a chance to test out my new eyeshadow, yey :) The consistency is so unbelievably creamy, it blended across my lid like a dream! The colour looks beautiful on it's own a and also acts as a perfect base for any other colours you'd like to use on top to create a unique look.

This is a look I created with the shadow and a couple of colours from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. The shadow is the light creamy/gold colour that you can see just above the liquid liner




I hope you all enjoyed this post and I really do recommend this colour. I'm looking forward to buying... well... pretty much every colour from this collection as they all look gorgeous!! Does anyone else have this product? Or any other Benefit product you recommend??
Take care guys!


Until next time...

Raphaelle xXx

3 comments:

  1. That look is so pretty, I really need to work on my winged liner haha.
    Great review :)

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! I use No7 Gel liner but it was a seasonal limited edition product :( Will probably get a MAC one next though. In my opinion gel liners are the easiest to use if you have a decent brush to work with :) xx

    Thank you Scarlett :) xx

    ReplyDelete