Wednesday 23 January 2013

Urban Decay 'Naked Nails' nail polish set









(L-R) Naked, Sidecar, Toasted, Smog, Hustle, Creep

Hello Lovelies,

I'm so excited to share these nail varnishes with you all :) I'm aware most of you will have heard of the 'Naked' nail varnish set by Urban Decay but I'll give you my thoughts anyway :) 

I ordered this set along with the Naked Basics eye shadow palette off the Debenhams website, it was £21 which I thought was very reasonable indeed (The Naked Basics palette retails at £20) and I was so looking forward for these beauties to arrive on my doorstep. Needless to say I ended up having to collect them at my local post office as there was no one in when the post man arrived (how annoying?!). I must admit, as much as I was looking forward to receiving my Basics palette, I cast it aside straight away and focused solely on this set at first, it is packaged beautifully and I almost didn't want to prise the bottles out of their snug little homes...almost...

Upon first glance I couldn't help but notice that the bottles were quite a bit smaller than I imagined (each bottle contains 5ml) but then I thought it was pretty silly of me to expect 6 15ml bottles of beautiful Urban Decay nail varnish for £21 (wishful thinking, no?). As I took them out of the packaging and really scrutinising the colours, I was really impressed that I have never seen colours like this before, they truly are unique. I was so excited to test them out I thought I'd swatch them on one of my nail wheels, as seen above. All these varnishes are done with 2 coats and give a pretty opaque finish, Toasted and Creep are slightly more watery than the other 4 but still cover well with 2 coats (You may need 3 if you're a true perfectionist!). I must say each and everyone of these shades are absolutely beautiful and no 2 are similar. They are named after 6 of the shades out of the original naked palette and I think the polishes match their shadow counterparts really well (as much as a shadow can match a polish...). My personal favourites, (purely because it wouldn't be helpful for me to declare that I love them all equally!), are Sidecar, because I love glittery polishes and this one is just devine, Smog and Hustle, because I love deep rich colours.

Overall I think this set is great value for money, the colours are just superb and I have a feeling these will be the colours I'll be reaching for the most in the weeks to come :) Does anyone else own this set?? What are your thoughts?

Raphaelle x

3 comments:

  1. I love the shade Sidecar! Can you buy these individually?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I'm afraid they're only available as a set, they're all beautiful colours though, so much more depth to them when you see them in real life. there's one called 'Sin' that you can individually purchase that's similar, maybe worth a look on eBay? Xx

      Delete