Monday 14 January 2013

A new start...


Hey Lovelies...

Well, where have I been for the last year?? No sooner had I got my little blog up and running, I let it fizzle out to nothing :( Don't get me wrong I enjoy reviewing products and testing out new things, but I'm so naff with technical stuff and computers, I didn't think my little blog would be up to the standard of some of your masterpieces! That coupled with a very busy year meant that there was tumbleweed blowing across this little corner of the net... :(

Thanks to my friend Vicki over at alifeofgeekery.blogspot.co.uk, I'm giving my blog a new whole look and now I'm back and ready to get this page up and running - full of wishlists, reviews, beauty finds, hauls, bargains, splurges and all things related to beauty, fashion and life :D I thought I'd give my blog a new name for starters, the choice of name, The Benefit of Beauty, will become relevant if you read on... and Vicki has created me a lovely new background, she's a gem!

Now then for those that are interested, let me update you with a little bit that's been going on with me this last year. To begin with my boyfriend and I decided it was time to start a family. Now as cute as babies are, we are soo not ready to have a little one running around, so we decided to get a puppy to complete our little family instead :) We chose a pedigree black lab and named him Zeus. He is the most precious thing ever and I bloody love him to bits, I didn't think it was possible to love a dog this much but I couldn't imagine life without him now. Just look at that little face.....


He was around 10/11 weeks old in the first picture (it was taken in May). He's 10 months old now and let me tell you he's a considerable amount bigger as you can see in the 2nd picture. Still a cutie though :)

Another thing that happened last year is that I landed myself a new job... working for Benefit cosmetics no less!! (Hence new blog name...) To say I was overjoyed to get this job would be a huge understatement, not only do I get to work with make up and beautify lovely ladies everyday, I get to try all the new benefit products that launch for free (look out for a review of the new highlighter 'Fine One One' coming up in the next couple of weeks - it's beauts!). I absolutely love Benefit cosmetics and this job is right up my street :D 

Now me landing my dream job has to be the second best thing that happened to me this year. Second? I hear you ask, what could possibly be better than that? Well.... drum roll please... my wonderful boyfriend proposed to me! It was just before midnight on New Years Eve at Centre Parcs, we were surrounded by 16 of our close friends by the lake, it was perfect :D I am so happy I've been walking around in my own little bubble since it happened, glancing down at my beautiful ring every 5 seconds :) 


So now you're updated with what's been going on whilst I haven't been blogging, I hope you'll join me along my new venture, looking forward to getting stuck in again :D

Take care lovelies, any tips for my new bloggy would be greatly appreciated :)

Raphaelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment