Friday 25 January 2013

The YOU Beauty Advent Calendar - worth the money?









Hey guys!

I've decided to share my thoughts on the 'YOU Beauty Advent Calendar' that came out for the Christmas period last year. I'm sure most of you will have heard about it, and also maybe even lucky enough to receive it yourself (if so I'd love to know what you thought about it!) but I thought I'd do a review, so that if they launched another one at Christmas, you'll have an idea if it's worth getting and the value for money. My fiancĂ© was an absolute gem and bought me this as an advent present. He'd also bought me the Selfridges 'All I Want For Christmas' advent calendar the previous year and I have to say I preferred this one by far, mainly because the products seemed aimed at a wider age group whereas the Selfridges calendar included a lot of anti ageing products and serums, oh and this one was £20 cheaper! (This calender retailed at £59.95 and the Selfridges calendar retailed at £80 - pricey huh?!) Don't get me wrong the Selfridges one was awesome, and I preferred the fact it included miniature perfumes, but the 'YOU Beauty Advent Calendar' pipped it at the post. 

It includes:
Jo Hansford Intensive Masque (40ml)Nicky Clarke Instant Calmer (30ml)Bioeffect EGF Serum (3ml)Balm Balm Organic Lip Balm (7ml)Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation (7.5ml)Philosophy 3-in-1 Cleanser (30ml) or Daily Facial Wash (30ml)The Vintage Cosmetic Company Eyelash CurlerSteamcream Moisturiser (75g; designs vary)Aromatherapy Associates Revive Bath & Shower Oil (3ml)Eve Lom Rescue Mask (15ml)Balance Me Radiance Face Oil (10ml)St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion (50ml)Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ (2.5ml)Espa Lift & Firm Moisturiser (7ml) and Lift & Firm Intensive Eye Serum (3ml) Yardley Refreshing Body Spray (75ml – fragrances vary)Mavala Rouge Rubis Nail Varnish (5ml)Benefit They’re Real! Mascara (3g)L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream (10ml)Richard Ward Volumiser Root Booster (50ml)Dermalogica Favourites Pack (7ml, 7ml, sachet, 5ml)Bellápierre Eye Shadow (2.35g)Mirenesse Lip Lift Moisture Shine (1.5g)Mont Bleu Crystal Nail File (90mm)AS London Candle

My favourite products from the calendar are the 'Balm Balm organic lip balm' (because it smells of turkish delight!), the 'Bellapierre eye shadow' (it's a loose powder in the most gorgeous shimmery copper shade), the 'Richard Ward Volumiser Root Booster' (anything that gives my hair added volume gets a thumbs up from me!), the 'Benefit They're Real Mascara' (I've gone through 3 full size versions of this and this miniature will be handy to pop in my handbag) and the 'St Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion' (gives me a nice bronzed tan in a matter of minutes). The only two I wasn't too keen on were the AS London Candle, because I hated the smell (think old school medicinal nastiness!) and the Yardley Refreshing Body Spray, because I hated the smell of this too (think pot pourri/old people).

Apparently the products are worth over £210; I wouldn't pay that in a million years - but definitely think it's worth the £59.95 price tag. Although If you like the look of the products you can still buy the calendar here and it's half price at £29.95! BARGAINOUS!!

 Hope you've enjoyed this post

Raphaelle x



No comments:

Post a Comment